perjantai 1. heinäkuuta 2016

WE ARE HERE

Yesterday we arrived to Lorca. We had to wait in Stocholm about 5 hours before our flight to Alicante left. It was very long time, specially the last two hours because in Stockholm airport there is free wifi for three hours only.

But now we are in Spain, everything is fine and people here are nice. We are staying in youth hostel, here's 21 people staying from 8 countries. I think that I'm going to do just fine, even though my English is pretty bad. I freeze every time I have to talk and I feel like nobody understands what I'm saying. I'm actually the shyest one in the group. But maybe I will manage. I just need to relax and speak.

Wifi didn't work at all last evening and today until 7 o'clock. It felt very strange to not have connection to home. I'm little bit homesick.

We had volunteer training today and we had to do things that aren't really in my comfort zone. But if I have learned anything, it's that learning doesn't happen when you are comfortable. First we had to remember all names and then we learned what is it like to be an volunteer. I still have a lots of questions, but I don't know how to say them in English. We even had a talent show, where everyone showed us what they can do our working groups. We have painting, music, theater, video and dance groups. Everyone here are very talented.

Today I will not post photos because I didn't realize how early dark comes here. I miss summer nights at Finland because I don't feel comfortable when it's hot and dark.

Well that's enough for today.

- Anni

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti